I’ve been traveling quite a lot lately, and in turn have been asked the same questions many times by the event organizer. And being rather forgetful – sometimes I forgot some of it, and had to trouble the EO at the last minutes.
So to avoid that from happening again, here they are:
- Allergy : I’m allergic to (human skin) dust.
Please ask the hotel staff to clean the room’s AC filter before my arrival.
Otherwise my throat will inflame, and I’ll have trouble breathing.
I’d prefer hotel with “split AC” / dedicated AC unit (because the filter can be cleaned).
I’ve had many problems with hotel with Central AC facility – in many cases I fell sick, probably because its AC filter can only be cleaned by its vendor / technician.
Also if there’s carpet / sofa in the hotel room – please ask the hotel staff to vacuum it, extra clean.
My house does not have carpet because it keeps triggering this allergy. So if the hotel room have carpet, it’s alright, as long as it’s clean.
- Accommodation preference : Non-smoking, high floor, breakfast included.
- Food / dietary requirement : Halal, or vegetarian, or vegan.
I have very, very low alcohol tolerance. Just a little bit of it is enough to make me nauseous.
Please ask the caterer to ensure that there’s no alcohol in my food & drink.
I’m not a picky eater, so don’t worry, I’ll appreciate anything that’s provided.
- Airplane : short flight = window seat. long flight (> 3 hours) = aisle seat.
- Train : preferably single seat / not having someone else next to me.
- Bus : sleeper seat if possible, otherwise anything is fine.
- Venue / Event : strictly non-smoking please – I suffer from asthma, cigarette’s smoke will cause me breathing problems.