Are you burning with envy, seeing your friends and their 1GB Gmail account? Well you can stop doing it now, since you can have it yourself with Yahoo. Here’s how:
- You must already have an email account with Yahoo. This may still work if you don’t have one already but I haven’t tried it myself. To sign up, just head over to http://mail.yahoo.com
- Go to http://cn.mail.yahoo.com
- You’ll see a page in Chinese. On the top-right, enter your username on the top textbox, and your password on the textbox below it.
- Right under the textboxes are 2 buttons. The top button is to login to your account, the second is to upgrade your account to 1GB. Naturally, you’ll want to click the second button.
- The next page will be shown with a button in the center. Click that button.
- It’ll try to install an update assistant, allow the install to finish.
- Another page will show up, in the middle there’ll be 2 textboxes next to each other.
- Enter your username in the left textbox, and your password on the left textbox. Then click on the left button.
- A page will show up, click the button in the middle.
- Presto – your Yahoo email account was just upgraded to 1 GB
Now if you logon to your account as usual (via http://mail.yahoo.com), you’ll see that indeed the limit is now 1GB.
Since I can’t read Chinese, I don’t know if there’s any catch to this offer, other than the installation of the update assistant. So far so good, but as usual, YMMV.
credit: This post is a translation of a forwarded post from Anny in MIFTA forum.