After the news was first broken about Reza, the first known death related to WWF Smackdown in Indonesia, reports started to pour in about similar incidents.
Kiki, a little boy living in Ciputat, Jakarta city, died on 17th November 2006 after treated for 3 days in Bakti Husada hospital. The exact age of the boy is not known, but he looked like a 4 years old. The body was buried in his parent’s village, Balung Pendowo, Central Java.
Kiki’s uncle, Wahyu (32), on Monday (27/11) said that before Kiki died, he complained about chest and arm pain to him. “He confessed to be having Smackdown-ed by his friends”, he said.
To date there have been 9 recorded incidents, involving deaths, severe head injuries, broken bones, etc.
Pipit reported from Bandung that WWF Smackdown continued to be aired, with the schedule put back 1 hour. There are still problems with the show; the disclaimer (“don’t try this at home”) is not visible. And its presented in a way that’s not clear, compared to the following glorification of violence.
A few details on the victims so far :
1. Reza Iksan Fadillah (9), died in Bandung
2. Ahmad Firdaus (8), year 4 student in Margacinta; suffered from broken bone, and inflammation of his vital organ.
3. Raja (8), year 3 student, Kiara Condong; broken feet, broken back bone.
4. Angga (7), year 2 student, Kiara Condong; head injury, broken arm bone.
5. Sabila (7), Margacinta; broken foot and arm bones.
6. Kiki, Ciputat; died on 17 Nov 2006 after hospitalized for 3 days.
7. Maryunani (9), year 3 student, Yogyakarta; hospitalized in Wates hospital.