I’m happily using my Nokia E70 for quite some time now. However, as an ex-user of two Nokia Communicators, I couldn’t help yesterday but wonder if Nokia will release a better version of its Communicator series.
Voila – then I found the news that Nokia E90 has been launched !
The Nokia Communicator series has been notorious for being slow and missing common high-end features, and a few other ugliness. I was so pleasantly surprised that E90 will be the first Communicator that won’t be so. Check it out :
- Slow ? Nope, E90 uses the same processor as N95 & N800, and very speedy ! It’s able to do fullscreen video playback smoothly.
- Weak / cheap feel ? E90 now sport strong hinges, and feels solid overall.
- Internal memory ? 128 MB overall, usually leaving 80MB free. This is one problem on E70 – turned out it has small internal memory, so sometimes it’s not able to run more that a few apps simultaneously. No such problem with E90.
- Connectivity ? it’s worthy of its name – Quadband GSM, bluetooth 2 w/ A2DP support, WiFi, USB 2, GPRS, EGDE, UMTS (3G), HSDPA (3.5G). Very, very nice indeed. No fax though, but you can workaround this for example by subscribing to Internet-based fax service.
- Camera ? no more weak VGA cam – it’s now a 3.2 MB camera with LED flash plus an internal cam for video calls !
- Other features ? GPS – finally ! Stereo speakers, 3D, FM radio, now also vibrates (!), updateable firmware via Internet, etc.
E90 is what 9500 should have been. Now it has all the important features, and then some. Very well done Nokia. When I got this, it may very well cause my laptop to gather dust at home.
Looking forward to its launch in Indonesia.